You are here
Cell Therapy Manufacturing Market
Cell Therapy Manufacturing Market to be Worth USD 8 billion by 2030, predicts Roots Analysis
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of “Cell Therapy Manufacturing Market (2nd Edition), 2018-2030” report to its list of offerings.
Natasha Thakur, the principal analyst, stated, “The growing number of cell therapy candidates continues to create an increasing demand for facilities that offer manufacturing services for these complex pharmacological interventions. Presently, over 145 companies / organizations are actively offering manufacturing services for such products. The installed global manufacturing capacity is estimated to be over 1 billion sq ft, with the maximum capacity available in North America”
The report presents opinions on several key aspects of the market. Among other elements, it includes:
- A detailed assessment of the current market landscape of cell therapy manufacturers, providing information on their headquarters, manufacturing facilities, type of cells handled (immune cells (such as T cells, dendritic cells, NK cells), stem cells (such as adult stem cells, human embryonic stem cells and induced pluripotent stem cells) and others), purpose of production (fulfilling in-house requirements / as a contract service provider), scale of operation (preclinical, clinical and commercial), source of cells (autologous and allogeneic) and type of cell cultures (adherent and suspension). The market features a mix of industry players and non-industry players.More than 60 non-industry players, including universities, research institutes and hospitals, are currently involved in manufacturing of cell-based therapies.
- An estimate of the installed cell therapy manufacturing capacity, in terms of number of cleanrooms and dedicated area, distributed by type of manufacturers (industry / non-industry), size of manufacturers (small-sized, mid-sized and large-sized organizations), geographical location (North America, EU and Asia-Pacific) and scale of operation (clinical and commercial). Over 40% of 200+ manufacturing facilities are located in Europe; this is followed by North America, wherein approximately 38% of the world's cell therapy manufacturing facilities are based. Other emerging pockets for cell therapy manufacturing include Australia, China, Japan, Singapore, South Korea and Israel; it is worth highlighting that facilities in these regions primarily cater to markets in the Asia-Pacific region only.
- Detailed profiles of key players (industry and non-industry) that offer contract manufacturing services for cell-based therapies; each profile presents an overview of the company, information on its manufacturing facilities, and recent collaborations.
- An elaborate discussion on the role of automation technologies in optimizing current manufacturing practices. Nearly 15 companies are actively providing support to cell therapy developers to improve their manufacturing process; these include (in alphabetical order) Berkeley Lights, Cesca Therapeutics, Ferrologix, FluDesign Sonics, GE Healthcare and Terumo BCT. Furthermore, five players, namely (in alphabetical order) Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Automation IPA, Invetech, KMC Systems, Mayo Clinic Center for Regenerative Medicine and RoosterBio, offer consultancy solutions related to automation.
- An analysis of the various factors that are likely to influence the pricing of cell-based therapies, featuring different models/approaches that may be adopted by manufacturers to decide the prices of these therapies.
- An analysis of over 150 collaborations focused on the manufacturing of cell-based therapies; the analysis is based on various parameters, such as the year in which the agreement was signed, type of agreement, and scale of operation (clinical and / or commercial). It is worth mentioning that, in the last three years, there has been a marked increase in number of collaborations focused on upgrading existing manufacturing processes. Examples of the companies that have entered into such deals include (in alphabetical order) ATMI, GE Healthcare, Hielscher Ultrasonics, Invetech, Pall, Reinnervate, Terumo BCT and Tokyo Electron.
- A survey analysis featuring inputs solicited from various experts who are directly / indirectly involved in development and / or manufacturing of cell-based therapies
For additional details, please visit https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/view_document/cell-therapy-manufacturing-market-2nd-edition-2018-2030/209.hl or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Street name: A430, 4th Floor, Bestech Business Towers, Sector 66,
Pin Code: 160059
Contact Number: +14158003415
We provide market research and consulting in the pharmaceutical industry. Focussed on providing an informed and impartial view on key issues facing the industry, our research is primarily driven by an in-depth analysis covering the following parameters:
Research and development
Existing market landscape
Future Commercial potential
Regional growth drivers
Risks and opportunities
We specialise in analysing areas which have lacked quality research so far or require more focussed understanding within the broader industry. All our reports are structured in a way to enable the reader develop a thorough perspective on the given subject. Apart from writing reports on identified areas, we also provide bespoke research / consulting services dedicated to serve our clients in the best possible way.